Join North Dakota’s fastest-growing and safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across North Dakota are invited to join the 2017 spring league!
Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn League-approved Firearm Safety certification. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
New teams are allowed to join the 2017 spring trap shooting league. Learn more about how to start a new team. Once your team is approved, simply have a school official contact us and let us know!
- Now – March 1: Get team approved, begin promoting new team, acquire students, hold open house to recruit students, acquire coaches.
- January 15: Athlete registration begins.
- March 1: Team registration ends. Last day to add your team for 2017.
- March 10: Athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration.
- March 22: Athlete registration fees ($35 per athlete) are due from the team to the League.
- April 2: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 9: Practice Week 2.
- April 16: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 23: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 30: Competition Week 2.
- May 7: Competition Week 3.
- May 14: Competition Week 4.
- May 21: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published May 27th at 9:30 p.m.
- May 28: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
State Tournament: June 17th, 2017 at The Shooting Park – Horace, ND.
Visit the Official NDSHSCTL State Tournament Website
View our frequently asked questions to learn more about school and athlete eligibility, coaching and shooting ranges or contact us to get started with your new team today!